Willow Bank offers four adult learn-to-sail sessions during the summer. The courses cover the basics including rigging, launching, points of sail, tacking, gybing, landing and storing the boat. The course is hands-on and will be conducted primarily on the water. No prior sailing experience is required. Courses are taught by U.S. Sailing certified instructors and are open to WBYC members and the public.
Adult Learn to Sail Sessions:
Session 1 – Mondays, 5:00 PM-8:00 PM, June 6, 13, 20, 27 & Tuesday, July 5
Session 2 – Saturdays, 10:00 AM-1:00 PM, June 11, 18, 25, July 9 & 16
Session 3 – Mondays, 5:00 PM-8:00 PM, July 11, 18, 25, & Aug 1 & 8
Members: Five Classes (15 hours): $195
Non-Members: Five Classes (15 hours): $245 (includes $40 boat fee)
- Online at Caz Rec Desk (Under Programs, select Sports, Sailing)
- Sign up open to members April 15, 2022 & Non Members May 15, 2022
- For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Each participant is required to bring a properly sized U.S. Coast Guard approved Type III personal flotation device (i.e. lifejacket).
- Sailors should be prepared to get wet if the winds are strong. A windbreaker or rain jacket will improve comfort on cool windy days, especially early in the summer when the lake is still cold.