WBYC has implemented a set of online forms for members and the public to use to register for the Swimming, Sailfish, Junior Sailing, Junior Fleet, and Adult Sailing programs. The forms are designed to make registration quick and simple for the people registering.
Several actions occur automatically when a form is submitted on the WBYC website:
The form system should deliver the registration information from each submitted form directly to the personal email account of the appropriate coordinator. When the forms were first implemented in 2015, delivery of email notices to coordinators proved to be very unreliable and the online form system was disabled as a result. The system has been redesigned for 2016 to address the deliverability problems, but some testing is necessary to ensure that the forms and their delivery are working as expected.
2016 Online Form Roll-Out Plan
- Program coordinators complete and submit 1 or 2 online forms as a test. The following should be verified:
- An email notifying you of the form submission is received in your personal inbox.
- A confirmation email is sent to the email address you entered in the form. If this address is the address of your personal inbox, you will receive two slightly different messages upon submission of each form.
- Cost. The form will calculate the cost of the sessions selected and will apply the appropriate additions for non-members. The cost will be shown in a field near the bottom of the form, in the success message web page and on the confirmation email sent to the registrant. There are many opportunities for errors in the calculation of cost. Please verify that the cost is correct in all three places.
- Other information. Verify that other fields in the email are consistent with your entries on the form. If you entered more than one child on a form, ensure that all of the children appear in the emails.
If the emails do not appear within a few minutes, check your spam or junk mail folder. Move any registration emails that land in your spam folder to your inbox or mark them as “not spam.” Please let Al Marshall (firstname.lastname@example.org or (315)882-3859) know the results of the tests.
- WBYC Board members submit forms for their kids. When they are done, they send an email to the appropriate coordinator and Al Marshall containing the names of the children registered. If they receive confirmation emails, they forward them to the coordinator and Al. The coordinator and Al confirm that all of the expected children are registered and that the registrations are correct.
We will use the online forms for 2016 program registration if the tests above work correctly.