WBYC offers a great work environment for socially skilled hard working people. We have openings in the following areas. NOTE: Applicants must be 16 years old by May 1, 2016 (except for Sailfish instructors, who must be at least 15 years old by May 1, 2016).
- LIFEGUARD – Current Red Cross Lifeguard, CPR & First Aid certifications are required. WBYC Lifeguards are expected to conform to best practices for waterfront safety as determined and taught by Red Cross. Our beach is open starting Memorial Day weekend through Labor Day. (Weekends only until late June.)
- SWIM LESSON INSTRUCTOR – Current Red Cross Lifeguard, Water Safety Instructor, CPR & First Aid certifications are required. Youth swim lessons are scheduled for six weeks starting the last week of June. Swim Instructors normally also work as Lifeguards when not teaching.
- YARD STAFF – NYS Boater’s Safety License and US Sailing Advanced Power Boat Handling certification required. WBYC Yard Staff are responsible for the general upkeep of the club, helping members launching and receiving boats as requested, pumping gas, helping with race committee duties, mowing, trimming and other yard work as determined by the club manager. Yard Staff are needed from Memorial Day weekend through Labor Day and occasionally in late May and September.
- SAILING INSTRUCTOR – US Sailing Instructor Level I is required including Red Cross First Aid and CPR. NYS Boater’s Safety License and US Sailing Advanced Power Boat Handling are also required. WBYC Sailing Instructors are expected to work from mid June through late August. Primary duties include teaching youth sailing lessons and coaching Junior Fleet racing program. This may include helping to prepare for and traveling to regattas, boat repair as well as other duties as determined by the Head Sailing Instructor.
- GALLEY STAFF – No certification required. WBYC Galley Staff are responsible for all Galley operations including cooking, cleaning up, ship store sales and other duties as requested by the Club Manager. The Galley is opened starting Memorial Day weekend through Labor Day. (Weekends only until late June.)
- SAILFISH – No certification required. You must enjoy working with children aged 5-10 in a program focused on the love of sailing. Duties include that of a group leader by planning, teaching, and coordinating activities in areas of crafts, nature, science, team building, and games. The Sailfish program is held Monday and Wednesday afternoons. You may also apply for Galley and Yard Staff.
If interested, please complete a WBYC Employment Application and mail it to:
K. Patrick Kelleher, Club Manager
Willow Bank Yacht Club
P.O. Box 321
Cazenovia, NY 13035
Application and cover letter are due no later than March 15, 2016.
If you are applying for a position that requires certification, please send copies of your current certificates (even if you need recertification before the summer).