The Willow Bank Yacht Club is pleased to offer to Club Members the use of several club owned boats on a sign-out basis. For members who have just a little experience with the friendly Sunfish or Laser and are interested but hesitant, please ask for help! There is usually someone around to guide you.
By signing out a boat, members agree to the following terms and conditions:
- Children under the age of 12 are not allowed to take out a club boat without parental “on the water”.
- Club boats may only be used during daylight hours and when WBYC yard staff is on duty.
- All members should wear a USCG approved Personal Floatation Device at all times prior to launching and while on the water.
- Each person checking out a sailboat is responsible for observing that all equipment is in proper working condition when rigging the boat.
- All equipment should be returned in proper working condition, returned to the equipment room, laser sails folded, sunfish sails put away, and the boat stowed in its assigned mooring location.
- Members are responsible and will be charged for any equipment lost or damaged due to negligence.
Please report any damaged or lost items to the Sailing Director, Jeff Shaw or Club Manager, Luke O’Neill.
- Members should pay attention to the weather and return immediately to shore if there are threatening weather conditions.
The Willow Bank Yacht Club cannot be held responsible for the safety of members who choose to sign out a club owned boat.
The following boats will be available on 1 July 2021
WBYC Sunfish #1 on rack # 001
WYBC Sunfish #2 on rack # 006
WYBC Sunfish #3 on rack # 007
WYBC Laser #1
WYBC Laser #2 on rack #011
Boats will be added as they are fully equipped.
The sign-out book will be available in the GALLEY on the desk. Please be sure to fill out completely each time you sign out a boat.