Willow Bank offers four adult learn-to-sail sessions during the summer. The courses cover the basics including rigging, launching, points of sail, tacking, gybing, landing and storing the boat. The course is hands-on and will be conducted primarily on the water. No prior sailing experience is required. Courses are taught by U.S. Sailing certified instructors and are open to WBYC members and the public.
Adult Learn to Sail Sessions:
Session 1 – Mondays, 5:00 PM-8:00 PM, June 3, 10, 17, 24, & July 1
Session 2 – Thursdays, 5:00 PM-8:00 PM, July 11, 18, 25, August 1 & 8
Session 3 – Saturdays, 10:00 AM-1:00 PM, June 8, 22, 29, July 6 & 13
Session 4 – Saturdays, 10:00 AM-1:00 PM, July 27, August 3, 17, 24 & 31
Members: Five Classes (15 hours): $170.00
Non-Members: Five Classes (15 hours): $210.00 (includes $40 boat fee)
- Walk-in registration for all sessions will be held on May 27th from 11:00 AM-2:00 PM and June 16th from 11:00 AM-1:00 PM at Willow Bank Yacht Club.
- Online at Caz Rec Desk (Under Programs, select Aquatics, Adult)
- For more information, please contact Federico Meira at 315-380-0171 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Each participant is required to bring a properly sized U.S. Coast Guard approved Type III personal flotation device (i.e. lifejacket).
- Sailors should be prepared to get wet if the winds are strong. A windbreaker or rain jacket will improve comfort on cool windy days, especially early in the summer when the lake is still cold.