Happy Holidays, Members!
I am pleased to announce that Willow Bank Yacht Club has successfully recruited and hired our next Club Manager! This process started at the end of the 2014 season and has been led by your Flag Officers in conjunction with a special committee. Former Commodore Tucker Lounsbury chaired the committee that included former Commodores Alix Shaw and Hugh Roszel. The goal of the committee was to first attempt to actively recruit a qualified candidate through various Club contacts and centers of influence. If not successful in direct recruiting of known or referred candidates, the committee was charged with expanding the search to a standard public advertising campaign. It was also decided that any candidate must be a non-member.
At this time, I am very pleased to announce that your Board of Directors has hired K. Patrick (Pat) Kelleher as our next manager. Pat is retiring at the end of the school year after over thirty years as a public educator. He and his wife Lisa, also a retiring educator, will be moving from the Plattsburgh area to Cazenovia to be closer to their daughter’s family (Kaleen and Jack Sessler) and two young grandchildren. We are thrilled to have Pat coming aboard. He brings tremendous energy, experience, and credentials to this position, and we are confident that he will excel as our next Manager. Pat’s credentials include the following highlights:
- 30 years as a high school educator and English/Language Arts Department Head
- 30 years as School District Audio Visual Director
- High School Musical Theater (Director, Choreographer, Lighting, Sound, Set Design and Construction)
- Varsity High School and SUNY Plattsburgh Soccer Coach (has CPR, First Aid and AED Certifications)
- Owner/Operator of Adirondack Indoor Soccer Center:
- Hired, trained and scheduled 20+ young adult staff members for leagues and tournaments
- Responsible for all financial and regulatory matters
- Operated full service food concessions permitted by NY Department of Health
- Grew up spending summers on Long Lake and Lake George and worked at Snug Harbor Marina
Please welcome Pat and his wife Lisa to Willow Bank. He will begin working for the Club in March as we begin the hiring process for our seasonal staff and will be onsite for spring weekend work parties. I personally look forward to introducing Pat to our membership, and I am confident that you will all enjoy getting to know Pat, just as we have this fall! May your families all have a safe and joyous holiday season and a happy new year!
Doug Shepard, Commodore
(Pat Kelleher – 2009 SUNY Plattsburgh Soccer Media Guide)